[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Compiling FFmpeg using ISO/C89 compiler

Måns Rullgård mru
Wed Dec 6 18:25:32 CET 2006

Steve Lhomme said:
> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Steve Lhomme said:
>>> Also note that this problem is due to the recent changes (improvements
>>> ???) to the configure script that consider that everything is available
>>> for every platform by default.
>>
>> It does nothing of the kind.  The configure script *checks* what is available,
>> and uses only the things that are found.  Moreover, use of most external libs
>> must be explicitly requested, and only then will they be checked for.  Do not
>> speak in matters of which you do not know.
>
> I just checked the official SVN and this behaviour has changed (again)
> since there is much more code to handle the enabling/disabling of
> decoders (and others). You probably never looked at the configure script
> we are talking about (based on some older FFMPEG SVN). So check yourself
> before pointing fingers around.

I have not looked at your butchered version, and I have no intention to do so.
Someone else has already provided ample evidence that it doesn't work properly.

> Now you can probably enlighten me on how a codec is not enabled by
> default if allcodecs.c contains a line like this:
>
> REGISTER_DECODER(MP3SURROUND, mp3surround);
> (again, a line we don't have since we use an older FFMPEG SVN base)

Read the code, dude.  It's all there.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com