[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Compiling FFmpeg using ISO/C89 compiler

Steve Lhomme slhomme
Wed Dec 6 18:35:53 CET 2006

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Steve Lhomme said:
>> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>>> It does nothing of the kind.  The configure script *checks* what is available,
>>> and uses only the things that are found.  Moreover, use of most external libs
>>> must be explicitly requested, and only then will they be checked for.  Do not
>>> speak in matters of which you do not know.
>> I just checked the official SVN and this behaviour has changed (again)
>> since there is much more code to handle the enabling/disabling of
>> decoders (and others). You probably never looked at the configure script
>> we are talking about (based on some older FFMPEG SVN). So check yourself
>> before pointing fingers around.
>
> I have not looked at your butchered version, and I have no intention to do so.
> Someone else has already provided ample evidence that it doesn't work properly.

It does work for us on both Windows and Mac which is what we support for
the moment. Our goal is to have the best possible program for our needs,
whatever they may be. If our code happen to be useful for others, that's
good for them, but we will not make compromises with the sole purpose of
doing what FFMPEG should we able to do in the first place.

Steve