[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Compiling FFmpeg using ISO/C89 compiler

Måns Rullgård mru
Wed Dec 6 18:51:58 CET 2006

Steve Lhomme said:
> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Steve Lhomme said:
>>> I just checked the official SVN and this behaviour has changed (again)
>>> since there is much more code to handle the enabling/disabling of
>>> decoders (and others). You probably never looked at the configure script
>>> we are talking about (based on some older FFMPEG SVN). So check yourself
>>> before pointing fingers around.
>>
>> I have not looked at your butchered version, and I have no intention to do so.
>> Someone else has already provided ample evidence that it doesn't work properly.
>
> It does work for us on both Windows and Mac which is what we support for
> the moment. Our goal is to have the best possible program for our needs,
> whatever they may be.

Judging by the quality of your patches, I very much doubt you are anywhere close
to having the best possible program.

> If our code happen to be useful for others, that's
> good for them, but we will not make compromises with the sole purpose of
> doing what FFMPEG should we able to do in the first place.

And what, pray tell, is it you think ffmpeg should be able to do but isn't?

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com