[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Compiling FFmpeg using ISO/C89 compiler

Steve Lhomme slhomme
Wed Dec 6 19:11:30 CET 2006

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Steve Lhomme said:
>> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>>> I have not looked at your butchered version, and I have no intention to do so.
>>> Someone else has already provided ample evidence that it doesn't work properly.
>> It does work for us on both Windows and Mac which is what we support for
>> the moment. Our goal is to have the best possible program for our needs,
>> whatever they may be.
>
> Judging by the quality of your patches, I very much doubt you are anywhere close
> to having the best possible program.

zzz

>> If our code happen to be useful for others, that's
>> good for them, but we will not make compromises with the sole purpose of
>> doing what FFMPEG should we able to do in the first place.
>
> And what, pray tell, is it you think ffmpeg should be able to do but isn't?

- WMV/VC1, AC3, AAC, DTS, RealVideo40 decoding in the LGPL code, (VC1 is
getting there)
- DivX encoding using the DivX encoder,
- MP3Surround encoding, keeping all channels (no downmixing),
- DirectShow capture,
- Seeking by bytes in AVISynth scripts,
- Internal file concatenation.

That's all I can think about for the moment.

Steve