[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Compiling FFmpeg using ISO/C89 compiler

Steve Lhomme slhomme
Wed Dec 6 19:36:48 CET 2006

Cian Duffy wrote:
>> - WMV/VC1, AC3, AAC, DTS, RealVideo40 decoding in the LGPL code, (VC1 is
>> getting there)
>> - DivX encoding using the DivX encoder,
>

> You want other people to implement these codecs LGPL, and yet want to code
> to use your firms binary decoder? I sense a slight failure of logic here...

Nop. There are 2 different lines: one for the stuff that would be nice
when using the LGPL version, the other is one of our (main) requirement.
But I agree it doesn't really matter to most people if it's available.

Anyway, I mostly listed the stuff that we had to add, fix or change in
order to have a usable library for what we need.

Steve