[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Compiling FFmpeg using ISO/C89 compiler

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Dec 6 19:39:20 CET 2006

Hi

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 07:36:48PM +0100, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> Cian Duffy wrote:
> >>- WMV/VC1, AC3, AAC, DTS, RealVideo40 decoding in the LGPL code, (VC1 is
> >>getting there)
> >>- DivX encoding using the DivX encoder,
> >

> >You want other people to implement these codecs LGPL, and yet want to code
> >to use your firms binary decoder? I sense a slight failure of logic here...
>
> Nop. There are 2 different lines: one for the stuff that would be nice
> when using the LGPL version, the other is one of our (main) requirement.
> But I agree it doesn't really matter to most people if it's available.
>
> Anyway, I mostly listed the stuff that we had to add, fix or change in
> order to have a usable library for what we need.

you added a LGPL RV40 decoder? ;)
anyway if you want to have some things like RV40 support, why dont you just
get divxnetworks to sponsor it like googles summer of code (though of course
the requirement for final payment should be a working decoder in svn not
just something somewhere which someone else then has to cleanup and
integrate)

If you really think that XML is the answer, then you definitly missunderstood
the question -- Attila Kinali