[Ffmpeg-devel] libavutil conflict with system headers on Darwin

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Thu Dec 7 00:52:52 CET 2006

Hi,

On 12/7/06, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 03:03:23PM +0200, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 12:40 +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > > of #include directives would get around the problem.  Are these macros visible
> > > to applications using our headers?  Should they be?
> >
> > They are visible. avutil.h includes common.h which defines them.
> >
> > They should not be visible (with current names at least), as they break
> > any other header or main program code which uses
> > __attribute__((always_inline)).
> >
> > Besides always_inline there's
> >
> > /* Suppress restrict if it was not defined in config.h.  */
> > #ifndef restrict
> > #    define restrict
> > #endif
> >
> > redefining C keywords is pretty bad...
>
> The restrict issue has been fixed.
>
> Mans moved the always_inline macro.  Can anybody confirm or whether this
> solved the original problem or not?

Works fine here (osx tiger)

Guillaume

--
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing
which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations