[Ffmpeg-devel] sse sigsegv and libavcodec/wmadec.c

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Dec 7 11:55:50 CET 2006

Hi

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 10:43:17AM +0100, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> Rich Felker skrev:
> >On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 10:16:22AM +0100, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> >
> >>How about to malloc all "sse" buffers. We are talking about 2-3 buffers
> >>in 1or 2 codecs.
> >>

> >Is there any permenant place to keep them in the codec context? Global
> >vars and per-run malloc/free are both out of the question I would think...
> >
> >Rich
> >
> No but it should be as easy as adding it to the wmacontext.

yes but these arent the only stack arrays which are affected, theres
alot more in the mmx code all ovr ffmpeg, its just that the mmx code doesnt
crash but rather runs slower (which then makes ffmpeg look slow compared to
other applications on windows ...)

If you really think that XML is the answer, then you definitly missunderstood
the question -- Attila Kinali