[Ffmpeg-devel] Convert issue with RGB565, again

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sat Dec 9 14:32:30 CET 2006

Hello,
On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 02:27:18PM +0100, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> Reimar D?ffinger a ?crit :
> >On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 02:03:48PM +0100, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> >>Reimar I see you are maintainer of cscd.c. Is there a reason or any
> >>sample that does not work with setting 16 bps to PIX_FMT_RGB555 ? Or the
> >>code was just assuming that it was 565 ?
> >
> >Well, I was assuming that a 16 bit format would be 565, but forgot that
> >for the windows AVI stuff the 16 bit formats actually seems to be 555.
> >I'll change it if you think my conclusion about where this bug comes
> >from seems right to you.
>
> For the raw issue, Michael confirmed that 16 bit was 555 in avi,
> If we don't have any sample that are 565, we should put PIX_FMT_RGB555.
> So IMHO change it.

Yes, this is the same issue, the original cscd source does this to
create the output BITMAPINFOHEADER:
    lpbiOut->biBitCount = 16;   // RGB
    lpbiOut->biCompression = 0;
I just misinterpreted this.