[Ffmpeg-devel] latest svn ffmpeg build broken on with gcc 3.3 due to patch on h264_altivec.c

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Sun Dec 10 21:49:52 CET 2006

Hi,

On 12/10/06, Patrice Bensoussan <patrice.bensoussan at free.fr> wrote:
> Hi Guillaume,
>
> I am sorry but compiling with gcc 4 is not an option to have a binary
> running on 10.2 -> 10.4. Compiling with gcc 3 is mandatory.

C ABI has been the same for ages, contrary to C++'s ABI which has
changed several times in the gcc 3 series, and changed again with
gcc4. There shouldn't be any problem using gcc4's compiled binaries
with older OSX, unless I'm missing smth.

> Please
> fix your patch as this make ffmpeg source unusable for systems older
> than 10.3.
> ffmpeg was compiling fine with gcc 3 until now, I don't see why it
> shouldn't continue...

I'll look into it when I have time. In the meantime, you'll have to
disable idct8.

Guillaume
--
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing
which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations