[Ffmpeg-devel] [Question] avio/ByteIOContext/Circular Buffers?

Ryan Martell rdm4
Tue Dec 12 18:28:07 CET 2006

On Dec 12, 2006, at 9:17 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
> On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 10:21:18PM -0600, Ryan Martell wrote:
>> Hi...
>> On Dec 11, 2006, at 8:45 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>> Hi

>>> please elaborate on what the problem is with URLContext and seeking
>>> note, i know nothing about mms ...
>>
>> This problem is that when I pause, i need to pause the network
>> stream, and fast forwarding/rewinding (seeking) means sending a
>> message to the server with the proper playtime and flushing queues.
>> I can't just seek to an arbitrary point in a file.  AFAIK,
>> AVInputFormat supports that, but URLProtocol does not.  Please
>> correct me if I am incorrect.
>
> why not pause the stream if the buffer is full? and continue if it
> is not ...
> and seeking just needs some small change to asf_read_seek(), namely
> to pass the request to the URL stuff
> the URL stuff then would either perform the seek within its buffer if
> possible and if not ask the server to do it and if needed flush the
> buffer
> or what am i missing?

well... i was looking at this as making asf work with my mms stuff.
But maybe I should look at it your way- making the mms work with the
asf stuff.  I hadn't thought of modifying asf_read_seek()...

-R