[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Fumble. please DO NOT commit anything right now

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Wed Dec 13 00:55:46 CET 2006

Hi,

On 12/13/06, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 11:53:18PM +0100, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 12/12/06, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >Hi there,
> > >I wrongfully assume that X11 grabber patch apply script was a smooth
> > >ride, and I was wrong. I need to revert all changes concerning X11
> > >grabber. In the meantime, please do not commit anything, please.
> >
> > Mmm... I don't understand what happened. I had a fair deal of erros
> > printed on my console, but the diff I got from the ML seem to match
> > the ones provived in Edouard's tarball, so it looks like this was a
> > false alarm.
>
> hmm maybe you should post the error messages here?

there you go:

./apply.sh
Applying feature-x11grab-improvement-1.patch
=========================
patching file libavformat/x11grab.c
Hunk #3 succeeded at 60 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #4 FAILED at 425.
1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file libavformat/x11grab.c.rej
Sending        libavformat/x11grab.c
Transmitting file data .
Committed revision 7294.

Applying feature-x11grab-improvement-2.patch
=========================
patching file libavformat/x11grab.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 189 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 237 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 266 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 314 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #5 FAILED at 389.
Hunk #6 FAILED at 420.
Hunk #7 FAILED at 444.
3 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file libavformat/x11grab.c.rej
Sending        libavformat/x11grab.c
Transmitting file data .
Committed revision 7295.

Applying feature-x11grab-improvement-3.patch
=========================
patching file libavformat/x11grab.c
Hunk #2 FAILED at 41.
Hunk #3 succeeded at 101 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 109 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #5 succeeded at 223 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #6 succeeded at 275 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #7 FAILED at 421.
2 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file libavformat/x11grab.c.rej
Sending        libavformat/x11grab.c
Transmitting file data .
Committed revision 7296.

Applying feature-x11grab-improvement-4.patch
=========================
patching file libavformat/x11grab.c
Hunk #3 FAILED at 325.
1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file libavformat/x11grab.c.rej
Sending        libavformat/x11grab.c
Transmitting file data .
Committed revision 7297.

Applying feature-x11grab-improvement-5.patch
=========================
patching file libavformat/x11grab.c
Hunk #4 FAILED at 399.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 457.
2 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file libavformat/x11grab.c.rej
Sending        libavformat/x11grab.c
Transmitting file data .
Committed revision 7298.

Applying feature-x11grab-improvement-6.patch
=========================
patching file libavformat/x11grab.c
Hunk #12 FAILED at 361.
Hunk #13 FAILED at 394.
Hunk #14 FAILED at 405.
Hunk #15 FAILED at 433.
Hunk #16 FAILED at 449.
Hunk #17 FAILED at 473.
Hunk #18 FAILED at 502.
7 out of 18 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file libavformat/x11grab.c.rej
Sending        libavformat/x11grab.c
Transmitting file data .
Committed revision 7299.

Applying feature-x11grab-improvement-7.patch
=========================
patching file libavformat/x11grab.c
Sending        libavformat/x11grab.c
Transmitting file data .
Committed revision 7300.

I think the problem is that first time I ran the script it went half
through so x11grab.c had some chunks left in.

So now I know I really need to revert these patches but I don't know
how I'm supposed to o that with svn. svn revert only reverts local
changes...

Will see what I can tomorrow after getting some sleep.

Guillaume
--
An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing
which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations