[Ffmpeg-devel] PTS problems

Anders Moden ffmpeg
Wed Dec 13 19:20:27 CET 2006

Hi !

I am trying to get a correct time from a mpeg4 rtp stream. When i set the camera to 1/25 fixed frame rate i get pts increments of 4-5 between each frame wich gives approx 100 pts increments per second. The timebase and framerate in the stream is defined as 1/25

When using a variable fps from the camera i get the same time base and frame rate in the stream but the pts values are increased randomly between 25-40 in the frame per packet.

Now can you please explain to me how to use the pts values in the packets or in the frame to get a correct time so i can increase/decrease speed of the processed packages to get a correct replay. please !

I have also seen that on some fixed fps movies i get pts increment of 1001 between each frame.

/Anders Mod?n