[Ffmpeg-devel] configure broken in svn?

Christophe Mutricy xtophe
Wed Dec 13 21:28:00 CET 2006

Hello,

Le mer 13 d?c 06 ? 19:28 +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd a ?crit :
> "Jaime V." <inf220 at fh-worms.de> writes:
> > i just checked  svn7316 out to find i cant configure it.
> > whatever configuration i tried it seems to work well.. but just at the
> > end of the process i receive this and configure aborts:
> >
> > [...]
> > License: LGPL
> > Creating config.mak and config.h...
> > ./configure: 2040: Syntax error: Bad substitution
>
> Line 2040 is blank, so that's rather strange.  What OS and shell are
> you running?  Can you post your config.err?

I got the same error with /bin/sh being a symling to dash (0.5.3).

Replacing #! /bin/sh by #!/bin/bash  makes the configure succeed.

I think shortname=${name/lib/} line 2069 is a bashism and breaks the
configure script

This comes from r7313

My shell skills are not so good so no patch at the moment.

--
Xtophe