[Ffmpeg-devel] I'm giving up

Panagiotis Issaris takis.issaris
Thu Dec 14 15:46:25 CET 2006

Hi Luca,

On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 14:03 +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 13:03 +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
> [...]
> > BTW, talking about the code... I see that support for the
> > CODEC_FLAG_GLOBAL_HEADER is not implemented yet. How can
> > ./ffmpeg -i sourcevideo -vcodec ffh264 -vtag avc1 -an targetvideo.mp4
> > work? (Or am I missing something as usual?)
> > Anyway, if you are interested I can try to work on it and provide a
> > patch for supporting CODEC_FLAG_GLOBAL_HEADER in one week or two.
> Ok, here is the promised patch ;-)
Thanks! :)

> I briefly tested it by generating raw h264 and a .mov file[1], and it
> seems to work. I hope it is acceptable for you; if not, let me know
> what's wrong and I'll try to fix it.
I've tested it and it seems to work fine! :) Thanks! I'll have a closer
look at the code this evening. At first sight, all seems okay, only that
I'll change the 1024 to something like a MAX_HEADER_SIZE #define.

> The patch is against your non-mmx patch, but I think it should apply to
> the mmx version too (if not, I can regenerate it as needed).
Nah, not necessary. I'm definitely focusing on getting the non-MMX
version in first.

Thanks,
Takis

> [1] in order to properly mux ffh264 streams in mov containers, I had to
> patch movenc.c, adding CODEC_ID_FFH264 to all the places where
> CODEC_ID_H264 is used. I know this is not a good solution, but it works
> well for testing ;-)
Yep, worked fine here too: I didn't need to specify the -vtag avc1
parameter anymore!

--
vCard: http://www.issaris.org/pi.vcf
Public key: http://www.issaris.org/pi.key