[Ffmpeg-devel] refactoring ffmpeg.c for shared librarycompatibility.

Víctor Paesa wzrlpy
Sun Dec 17 12:59:31 CET 2006

Hi,
> Hi,
> I'd like to refactorize ffmpeg.c in order to write a function to
> initialize and teardown variables in it and need some help for it.
> I willing to undertake the deed and maybe it can contribute this way to
> the project. :)

[...]
> A few days ago i updated to r7316... which now kinda destroyed all my
> efforts as the second time ffmpeg just crashes and coredumps as soon as
> the file is being opened. I realized i cant do this on my own...
> So maybe some of the people involved in ffmpeg.c could give me some
> directions? Like i said maybe i could refactor ffmpeg.c and include my
> reseter function.

Maybe you could configure your ffmpeg to use only the codecs,
containers used in your test AVI, and then enable them back one at a time:

  --disable-encoders       disables all encoders
  --disable-decoders       disables all decoders
  --disable-muxers         disables all muxers
  --disable-demuxers       disables all demuxers
  --disable-parsers        disables all parsers

  --enable-encoder=NAME    enables encoder NAME
  --enable-decoder=NAME    enables decoder NAME
  --enable-muxer=NAME      enables muxer NAME
  --enable-demuxer=NAME    enables demuxer NAME
  --enable-parser=NAME     enables parser NAME

Regards,
V?ctor