[Ffmpeg-devel] refactoring ffmpeg.c for shared librarycompatibility.

Víctor Paesa wzrlpy
Sun Dec 17 14:15:52 CET 2006

Hi,
> Hi
>
> On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 06:48:20PM +0800, Jaime V. wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'd like to refactorize ffmpeg.c in order to write a function to
>> initialize and teardown variables in it and need some help for it.
>> I willing to undertake the deed and maybe it can contribute this way to
>> the project. :)
>>
>> Frustrated by the common beginners difficulty of trying to use ffmpeg in
>> a project to transcode some videos i came up with the idea of using the
>> already implemented ffmpeg.c as a library. This makes it easier for
>> beginners to use ffmpeg from within existing projects or foreign
>> environments such as MSVC. This also comes in handy when using own
>> protocols.
>
> exec("ffmpeg(.exe)", ...)

There two advantages on this proposal:
a) Spawning processes is slower that using this high level library,
b) its API could be less prone to changes than the current low level API.

This high level API could be adopted by the many GUIs that now use exec()

Regards,
V?ctor