[Ffmpeg-devel] PTS values

Anders Moden ffmpeg
Tue Dec 19 17:12:11 CET 2006

Hi !

I am getting pts values that are not ordered. E.g. the pts values can take a leap forward and then back again so the pts values gets unsorted.

I use

avcodec_decode_video(m_pVideoCodecCtx, m_pFrame, &frameFinished, packet.data, packet.size)

to decode the packages and the pts value is taken from the m_pFrame struct. I only look at the pts values if i have a complete decoded frame.

Does this mean I have unsorted images ?

Is this a normal behaviour or is something wrong in the stream or in the decoding code ?

/Anders Mod?n