[Ffmpeg-devel] PTS values

Paul Curtis pfc
Tue Dec 19 23:06:20 CET 2006

Anders Moden wrote:

> Is there any docs that explains the various pts values found in the
> stream, the image and the codec. i can find at least 4 pts struct
> members with various values when decoding?

That was my problem, also. The discussion concerned which values were
valid after a call to audio_decode or video_decode with "finished" ==
true. After much experimentation, I found the cur_dts to have a valid,
monotonically increasing value that was usable for the encoder.

I never did find any docs that explained when each of the pts/dts values
were valid ... so I built a small program that did nothing but print the
values out. I never got a firm answer on which ones I should use ....

Paul