[Ffmpeg-devel] time for a release?

Måns Rullgård mru
Wed Feb 1 00:23:32 CET 2006

Bryan Mayland <bmayland at leoninedev.com> writes:

>     That leaves 2 other warnings, one about IPAddressACL not being
>     uninitialized (which it might be if there are errors in the conf
>     file, but we're planning to bomb out anyway so what's the point?).

In non-time-critical situations, I usually initialize such variables
to some invalid value, even if the variable can never actually be used
uninitialized, to silence the compiler warnings.

>     The other is about get_longterm_datarate being unused, which has
>     been true for over a year now.  I'm not sure what the original
>     intent of this function was (maybe had something to do with
>     pre-preroll code?).

Submit a patch to remove it.

>     Anyway, they're all benign so no need to do anything about them I
>     suppose.

It is good practice to keep harmless warnings away.  That way, the
real ones are more easily noticed.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com