[Ffmpeg-devel] build fails - libavcodec/xvid_rc.c vs. xvid.h

Dieter freebsd
Wed Feb 1 14:25:25 CET 2006

I added --enable-xvid to my configure flags.
Result:

/rw/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/xvid_rc.c: In function `ff_xvid_rate_control_init':
/rw/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/xvid_rc.c:67: error: structure has no member named `vbv_size'
/rw/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/xvid_rc.c:68: error: structure has no member named `vbv_maxrate'
/rw/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/xvid_rc.c:69: error: structure has no member named `vbv_initial'
gmake[1]: *** [xvid_rc.o] Error 1

I'm guessing that ffmpeg's xvid_rc.c wants a different version of xvid.h?

Should ffmpeg include a copy of xvid.h?  Or at least check the version number?

Meanwhile, where do I get the correct verion of xvid.h?  (assuming that's the problem)