[Ffmpeg-devel] build fails - libavcodec/xvid_rc.c vs. xvid.h

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Wed Feb 1 23:15:35 CET 2006

Hi,

On 2/1/06, Dieter <freebsd at sopwith.solgatos.com> wrote:
> I added --enable-xvid to my configure flags.
> Result:
>
> /rw/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/xvid_rc.c: In function `ff_xvid_rate_control_init':
> /rw/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/xvid_rc.c:67: error: structure has no member named `vbv_size'
> /rw/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/xvid_rc.c:68: error: structure has no member named `vbv_maxrate'
> /rw/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/xvid_rc.c:69: error: structure has no member named `vbv_initial'
> gmake[1]: *** [xvid_rc.o] Error 1
>
> I'm guessing that ffmpeg's xvid_rc.c wants a different version of xvid.h?
>
> Should ffmpeg include a copy of xvid.h?  Or at least check the version number?
>
> Meanwhile, where do I get the correct verion of xvid.h?  (assuming that's the

Yes, I think that's the problem. Those fields have been added in XviD
1.1.x. Make sure you've got xvid.h from CVS or the one from the recent
1.1.0 release.

Guillaume
--
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.
    Bill Cosby

MPlayer's doc isn't up-to-date. Visit my updated mirror here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/fr/