[Ffmpeg-devel] build fails - libavcodec/xvid_rc.c vs. xvid.h

The Wanderer inverseparadox
Thu Feb 2 00:22:13 CET 2006

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2/1/06, Dieter <freebsd at sopwith.solgatos.com> wrote:
>
>> I added --enable-xvid to my configure flags.
>> Result:
>>
>> /rw/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/xvid_rc.c: In function `ff_xvid_rate_control_init':
>> /rw/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/xvid_rc.c:67: error: structure has no member named `vbv_size'
>> /rw/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/xvid_rc.c:68: error: structure has no member named `vbv_maxrate'
>> /rw/src/ffmpeg/libavcodec/xvid_rc.c:69: error: structure has no member named `vbv_initial'
>> gmake[1]: *** [xvid_rc.o] Error 1
>>
>> I'm guessing that ffmpeg's xvid_rc.c wants a different version of
>> xvid.h?
>>
>> Should ffmpeg include a copy of xvid.h?  Or at least check the
>> version number?
>>
>> Meanwhile, where do I get the correct verion of xvid.h?  (assuming
>> that's the
>
> Yes, I think that's the problem. Those fields have been added in XviD
> 1.1.x. Make sure you've got xvid.h from CVS or the one from the
> recent 1.1.0 release.

I just updated XviD from CVS, compiled and installed, and still get the
errors. The header which was installed does in fact contain those
members, but two of them have very slightly different names (vbvsize and
vbvinitial instead of vbv_size and vbv_initial), plus they're under
#ifdef VBV - and I don't see that defined anywhere in the FFmpeg source
tree. Adding it to the command line manually still fails on those two
slightly changed member names, but I suspect that correcting them would
fix it.

--
       The Wanderer is in a hurry out the door

side of it.