[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [Ffmpeg-user] ffmpeg encoding, really slowvideo when recording with audio

Erik Slagter erik
Fri Feb 3 12:52:55 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 12:54 +0100, Luca Abeni wrote:
> Anyway, the good news is that the new v4l2 input format should not have
> this problem...
> A cvs update should be enough to get perfectly fluid video.
> As a matter of fact, I am currently capturing video from an Osprey-100
> card together with audio: the video is fluid (no dropped/duplicated
> frames) and perfectly in sync with the audio :)

I am curious how it long it will take before the first "bug" reports
come in on Cynergy cards. These have a bad crystal that make audio and
video go out of sync :-( Workaround is in the driver, but has to be
enabled and tuned by the user.