[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Linuxtag 2006

Alex Beregszaszi alex
Fri Feb 3 14:17:35 CET 2006

Hi,

> > Any others?  Diego?  Roberto?
>
> I'm glad that finally somebody else is taking the initiative to push
> this forward.  I will be there for the whole duration of the event and I
> will help you with the organization.  So will Roberto.

I plan to be there for the whole event and committed to organize. I have
already registered myself on the website, but didnt found the "project
registration" part.

> * A beamer playing multimedia content should be available.

I promoted an idea about doing Elphel streaming to the beamer. Also we
could cooperate with the guys from elphel, if they're coming. I will ask
them today evening.

> * Put up the obligatory MPlayer poster, but also something more, maybe a
>   diagram that explains the inner workings of multimedia players/files
>   or NUT-related stuff.

I do have all the old posters :)

> * Try to make the booth a bit more open and welcoming.  The tables and
>   notebooks should not be a barricade between us and the visitors.  I
>   imagine a few of us standing talking to people and maybe sittind down
>   with them in a corner and a few others explicitly hacking in another
>   corner.  So if somebody prefers to have less interaction, this is also
>   possible (assuming of course that it's not the majority).

We should use less tables and do a "cafe like atmosphere".

Alex Beregszaszi	email: alex at fsn.hu
Free Software Network	cell: +36 70 3144424