[Ffmpeg-devel] problem compiling ffmpeg- please help

Paul Buelow paul
Fri Feb 3 20:28:53 CET 2006

Hi

I am receiving errors attempting to compile on bsd. I have tried
everything I can think of, the latest cvs, .49 and .48 with the same
results. I am root and the files have been chmod 777.

make reports missing dependency but config.mak and config.h look correct

Everything is there, SDL is installed.  Any suggestions as to what
might be wrong or where I might look for more help or a bsd binary of
ffmpeg. I am making a project and would like to use ffmpeg.

thanks to all, Paul

example
 > make
"Makefile", line 12: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 15: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 20: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 22: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 24: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 26: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 28: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 30: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 32: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 34: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 36: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 38: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 39: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 41: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 43: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 45: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 46: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 48: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 50: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 51: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 53: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 57: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 59: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 61: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 63: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 118: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 124: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 141: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 143: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 185: Missing dependency operator
"Makefile", line 186: Could not find .depend
"Makefile", line 187: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

 > cd ffmpeg
 > ls
COPYING                         ffmpeg.c
CREDITS                         ffplay.c
CVS                             ffserver.c
Changelog                       ffserver.h
Doxyfile                        libavcodec
INSTALL                         libavcodec-uninstalled.pc
Makefile                        libavcodec.pc
README                          libavformat
SDL-1.2.9                       libavformat-uninstalled.pc
berrno.h                        libavformat.pc
build_avopt                     libavutil
clean-diff                      libavutil-uninstalled.pc
cmdutils.c                      libavutil.pc
cmdutils.h                      libpostproc-uninstalled.pc
config.h                        libpostproc.pc
config.log                      output_example.c
config.mak                      pktdumper.c
configure                       qt-faststart.c
cvs                             tests
cws2fws.c                       unwrap-diff
cygwin_inttypes.h               vhook
doc                             xvmc_render.h
ffinstall.nsi
 > ./configure
Install prefix   /usr/local
Source path      /usr/home/usr223105233/ffmpeg
C compiler       gcc
make             gmake
CPU              x86 (generic)
Big Endian       no
MMX enabled      yes
gprof enabled    no
zlib enabled     yes
mp3lame enabled  no
vorbis enabled   no
faad enabled     no
faadbin enabled  no
a52 support      no
a52 dlopened     no
pp support       no
debug symbols    yes
optimize         yes
shared pp        no
Video hooking    yes
SDL support      yes
risky / patent encumbered codecs yes
Imlib2 support   no
freetype support yes
Sun medialib support no
AMR-NB float support no
AMR-NB fixed support no
Creating config.mak and config.h

 > pico config.h

    UW PICO(tm) 4.1                 File: config.h

#define CONFIG_HAVE_DLOPEN 1
#define CONFIG_HAVE_DLFCN 1
#define CONFIG_AUDIO_OSS 1
#define CONFIG_NETWORK 1
#define CONFIG_ZLIB 1
#define HAVE_MALLOC_H 1
#undef  HAVE_MEMALIGN
#define SIMPLE_IDCT 1
#define CONFIG_FFSERVER 1
#define CONFIG_RISKY 1
#define restrict __restrict__

 > pico config.mak

    UW PICO(tm) 4.1                File: config.mak

CONFIG_COOK_DECODER=yes
CONFIG_TRUESPEECH_DECODER=yes
CONFIG_RAWVIDEO_DECODER=yes
CONFIG_AMR_NB_DECODER=yes