[Ffmpeg-devel] Visual Studio 2003, H263 problems.

bogdanm at intelidei.com bogdanm
Mon Feb 6 16:50:17 CET 2006

Hello,

I have compiled FFmpeg under Visual Studio 2003 using MSys. The problem is
that when using H263 encoder the keyframe is allmost uncompressed (using
352x288 resolution the frame size goes from ~150k to ~100k) and the regular
frame is ~50-100 bytes. At decoding all I can see is a big gray screen (a
buffer filled with 0x8080808080...).

What astonish me is that the same code worked under Linux compiled with gcc,
encoding and decoding frames as expected while under Windows it doesn't, but
the encoding or decoding functions still return no error.

I will try to recompile using MinGW but I don't know what else could be the
cause.

Bogdan