[Ffmpeg-devel] Bad interation of rc_strategy=1 and qprd

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Feb 7 00:45:08 CET 2006

Hi

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 12:08:23AM +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:
[...]
> >>PSNR figures for vcodec=xvid are not available.
> >>

> >thats bad, without PSNR stats its hard to know if xvid_rc is buggy or not
> >you should also run the first pass for xvid_rc with qscale=2, as thats what
> >xvid does ...
> >
> >[...]
> >

> done, but even in this case there was no improvement

yes, but are xvid and lavc-xvid_rc mostly the same or not? iam primarely
interrested in the question if my xvid_rc port is broken or not ...
after i know its not totally broken i might look at qprd ...

Michael