[Ffmpeg-devel] Raw aac

Erik Slagter erik
Wed Feb 8 15:28:44 CET 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 01:13 +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Erik Slagter <erik at slagter.name> writes:

> >> Really raw AAC is mostly useless.  If you don't want a full
> >> container format, ADTS is probably the most convenient.  I don't
> >> think ffmpeg supports it, but it should be fairly simple to add.
> >
> > IIRC gpac does understand ADTS, but as ffmpeg doesn't, that is not an
> > option for me for the moment.
>
> Now it does.

Quick test: encoding works

Extracting AAC from mp4 to ADTS from a file encoded by ffmpeg-cvs from
about four months ago, gives invalid data, "file" says "data" and gpac
reports the sampling rate and other metadata wrong. Gpac extracts the
track from the mp4 itself fine, though.

I'll have to check if this also happens with files encoded/muxed by a
recent ffmpeg cvs version.