[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug in libavutil Makefile (or maybe just mystupidity? Be gentle...)

Alexander Strasser eclipse7
Wed Feb 8 22:53:12 CET 2006

Hi,

Michel Bardiaux wrote:
> Alexander Strasser wrote:
> >Michel Bardiaux wrote:
> >  I think you had exactly the same problem as the previous poster where
> >the LIB Makefile var got set to a ms lib path. So if my patch did work
> >it should work for you know with configure from latest CVS. Would be
> >nice if you could test that and report back.
>
> Test 1, shared libs. This time I did *not* remove LIB from my environment.
>
> make distclean
>  ./configure  --enable-shared --disable-static --disable-strip
> --enable-memalign-hack
> make
> make install
>
> Everything went fine. Only 2 issues: strip not working (hence the
> disable). And if I try and start ffmpeg.exe in a DOS box:

  Ok, so at least that problem is fixed.

> C:\Program Files\FFmpeg>ffmpeg.exe -h
> This program cannot be run in DOS mode.

  Sorry, but i don't really know what is going on here.
Maybe the problem is that it tries to run it in `DOS mode'.

> I will try the dlls in VisualStudio ASAP.

  OK, reports on this topic welcome. Worked for me at least.

> Test 2, static libs.
>
> make distclean
> ./configure  --enable-static --disable-shared --disable-strip
> --enable-memalign-hac
> make
> make install
>
> Compiles OK, but installs only ffmpeg.exe (not the libs, not the
> headers) and same problem running the ffmpeg.exe.

  That is normal behaviour iirc, static libs are not installed
by default. You should be able to install them with the installib
target as the Wanderer pointed out already.

  Alex (beastd)