[Ffmpeg-devel] 4.8 and CVS capture code diffs

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sat Feb 11 12:07:34 CET 2006

Hi Pete,

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 23:46 +0000, Pete Foster wrote:
> Hi list
>
> What changed between 4.8 and the current CVS with regards to capture
> hardware?
A lot of things... :)

> I have a generic el-cheapo Bt878 capture card that works fine under 4.8
> (when compiled with gcc32), but doesn't work in the current CVS.  All I get
> is the following:
>
> FFmpeg version CVS, Copyright (c) 2000-2004 Fabrice Bellard
>   configuration:
>   libavutil version: 49.0.0
>   libavcodec version: 51.2.0
>   libavformat version: 50.2.1
>   built on Feb 10 2006 23:17:29, gcc: 4.0.2 20051125 (Red Hat 4.0.2-8)
> File 'test.mpg' already exists. Overwrite ? [y/N] y
> Could not find video grab device
Can you post the command line you used? I suspect you did not set the
resolution at which you want to capture video. I seem to remember that
once upon a time ffmpeg used to assume a default video resolution if you
did not set one... Today, you always have to use "-s <width>x<height>"
Try
ffmpeg -s 352x288 test.mpg

Of course, this is just a guess...

			Luca

 Sponsor:
 Sono aperte le iscrizioni per il corso Nazionale di Web Marketing
* Imparerai come promuoverti sui motori di ricerca - clicca qui
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3215&d=11-2