[Ffmpeg-devel] ffmpeg failed to compile

carboncopy carboncopy.public
Mon Feb 13 17:12:36 CET 2006

On 2/13/06, carboncopy <carboncopy.public at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 2/13/06, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> > > Please don't top-post.

> > > If you are building out-of-tree, then this is a known problem that will
> > > be fixed once Mans commits his Makefile consolidation patches, probably
> > > later today.
> > >
> > > Diego
> >
> > Yuh, I build out-of-tree. Will wait for the patch.
> >
> Thanks Mans! Fixed!

Hi

I am still getting the ranlib error during compile time although I had
a successful make install the previous time.

cc -Wl,-dynamic,-search_paths_first -L/opt/local/lib -g -o ffmpeg_g
ffmpeg.o cmdutils.o -L./libavformat -lavformat -L./libavcodec
-lavcodec -L./libavutil -lavutil -lx264 -lxvidcore -lmp3lame -logg
-lvorbis -lvorbisenc -ltheora -lfaad -lfaac -lz -llzo  -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: table of contents for archive:
/opt/local/lib/libavformat.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't
load from it)
/usr/bin/ld: table of contents for archive:
/opt/local/lib/libavcodec.a is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't
load from it)
/usr/bin/ld: table of contents for archive: /opt/local/lib/libavutil.a
is out of date; rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ffmpeg_g] Error 1