[Ffmpeg-devel] ratecontrol experimentation

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml
Tue Feb 14 10:54:58 CET 2006

On Mon, February 13, 2006 23:35, Oded Shimon wrote:
> Giving a 10^8 multiplication constant does nothing, because the score of
> ALL frames is risen by this const, and the relative scores stay exactly the
> same. The interesting part here is the relative score between other frames,
> not the absoloute value of the score for a single frame.

Ok, good. That's more or less what I had figured earlier, but then I started
thinking it would be different because the range of possible scores would be
different and not necessarily known at the outset. But, if it's all relative
from beginning to end, then that wouldn't be a problem. Thanks for the clear
explanation; even if you're only speculating it seems to make the most
sense.

-Corey