[Ffmpeg-devel] interlace and motion artifacts

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Feb 16 09:52:06 CET 2006

Hi,

On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 09:22 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
> there was someone working on porting the swscaler code from mplayer ...
> but apparently he lost interrest ...
I did some experiments a long time ago (around 08 Dec 2004, according to
my last email on the subject). See the attached patch (against an old
version of ffmpeg - more than 1 year ago).

But I lost interest before coming up with something useful because:
1) I needed some help for integrating swscaler in a proper way, but if I
remember well the replies I got to my email did not help me enough (of
course, this is probably due to the fact that my knowledge of ffmpeg was
not sufficient)
2) libswscaler is GPLed. Someoned mentioned that it was going to be
relicended under LGPL, so I decided to wait before working on it more
seriously. I am still waiting... ;-)

Now, if someone if patient enough to give me some guidance, I'll have
another look at integrating swscaler.
If it was relicenced to LGPL, I could even ask my boss the permission to
spend on it some of my time at work (I plan to use ffmpeg in some
project at work).

			Thanks,
				Luca
                               N O    W A R ! ! !

 Sponsor:
 Per la casa dei tuoi sogni, la soluzione ? un Credito Casa Findomestic, facile e senza anticipi, clicca qui per realizzare un sogno!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3932&d=16-2