[Ffmpeg-devel] time for a release?

Diego Biurrun diego
Fri Feb 17 09:22:56 CET 2006

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 07:15:07PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 07:55:07PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > >
> > > Where is that PSP patch?  Has anybody looked at it yet?
> >
> > ... ping ...
>
> I don't remember offhand whether this patch has been applied or not..

Nobody seems to care, dropped...

> > Are there any other important patches which would be nice to get merged
> > before the release?
>
> The H.264 alignment thing from David Miller is still pending.  IIRC
> Michael approved it modulo some testing.  Would be nice if somebody
> could adopt, test and apply this patch.
>
> The same goes for the other patches that Michael approved.  Let's try to
> distribute the load a bit better.

Hmm, anybody?

> > There are a few pending bug reports as well, I'm aware of the following
> > ones (more or less in order of importance):
> >
> >   Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 21:57:57 +0100
> >   Subject: [Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] H.264 crash
> >
> > Loren, Michael?  Another crashing sample was posted today.
>
> This one is still outstanding and rather severe.  A mail with a dirty
> fix or possible workaround arrived yesterday.

Loren took care of this, issue resolved.

> > Are there important bug reports that I am missing?  Otherwise I would
> > suggest preparing the release once we have these sorted out.
>
> One thing that I have overlooked are the regression tests.  The ffserver
> regression tests fail currently even on x86, on PPC regression tests are
> completely broken, dunno about other platforms.  Putting out a release
> that does not pass its own regression tests would be quite embarassing,
> so this should IMO be addressed.  At least x86 should work.

It would be good if somebody could try to find the date the regression
broke by trying different CVS snapshots with binary search.

Anybody else with a PPC?  I'm terribly short on time right now.

> Anything that I have missed?  Otherwise I think we're really getting
> closer...

I heard that the tta decoder is broken on x86 (and possibly on amd64),
can somebody confirm this?  Alex was not able to reproduce...

Diego