[Ffmpeg-devel] FFmpeg naming and logo

Måns Rullgård mru
Fri Feb 17 11:22:20 CET 2006

Jan Knutar said:
> On Friday 17 February 2006 11:50, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> There is also no
>> excuse for providing a windows-only program that doesn't even work.
>
> I don't think I've seen such lack of quality in software since IE3 and
> Outlook Express of the same era, running on Windows 95, as in the
> siemens windows software.
>
> The Siemens GPRS assistant is completely worthless. I don't think it
> got even ONE setting right, it even managed to change working defaults
> into non-working ones. Not to mention that the thing confuses itself, and
> becomes unusable without uninstall/reinstall after your first attempt with
> it. I ended up doing it all manually instead, basing settings on a working
> chat script I had in Linux.

The Samsung software that came with my Z500 is similarly bad.  As I've
mentioned, the data transfer program doesn't work at all.  The 3G modem
drivers work sometimes, and erratically.  In Linux the phone shows up as
a USB modem, and it works without hassle with pppd.

> Siemens isn't all evil, their developer forums are very friendly, and give
> you many gold nuggets of information.

I doubt Samsung did things this way out malice either, but it is annoying
nonetheless.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mru at inprovide.com