[Ffmpeg-devel] FFmpeg naming and logo

Robert Swain robert.swain
Sat Feb 18 17:48:58 CET 2006

On Saturday 18 February 2006 16:28, Oded Shimon wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 03:58:04PM +0000, Robert Swain wrote:
> > On Saturday 18 February 2006 15:46, Oded Shimon wrote:
> > > Anyway, here's my attempt
> > >
> > > - ods15
> >
> > Ah, I got bored too, here's mine. (Based on an idea by rxt of using the
> > Fs for the mvs.) Bear in mind it's my first ever attempt at using
> > inkscape, I'm not a graphic designer nor artist and I know the mvs aren't
> > perfectly aligned, but the concept is there.
>
> Stolen ideas, improvement (?)
>
> - ods15

Nice. I like the grid in the background. But as Jindrich pointed out, I'm not
sure if something like this is too complicated for an actual logo, while it
would probably work well for a web banner or something. I was thinking of
something along the lines of mathematical script on aged parchment. That
might look good, but too complicated for a logo. :)

I've noted that my offering doesn't display properly in non-inkscape svg
viewers. The font goes all over the place. It's supposed to look like this:
http://www.swains.plus.com/superdump/ffmpeg-superdump.png

Cheers,
Rob