[Ffmpeg-devel] FFmpeg naming and logo

Rich Felker dalias
Sun Feb 19 03:37:27 CET 2006

On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 07:38:28PM +0100, Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> Christian Iversen wrote:
> >On Saturday 18 February 2006 16:10, Benjamin Zores wrote:

> >>What about "Fast and Furious Multimedia Processing EnGine" then ?
> >>(i agree it seems to be a Vin Diesel sponsored soft :)
> >>
> >>of your Fast & Free ? or Fast Fourier ?
> >

> >Fast & Fourious? ;-)
>
> Just for the record, the original meaning of "FF" in FFmpeg is "Fast
> Forward"...

Are you sure it wasn't originally "Fabrice's Fast MPEG" ? :)

Anyway I agree that "Fast Forward" is the most natural thing to
associate with "FF" in multimedia, and would like to see the (simple,
not full page banner) logo end up being something that makes use of
the familiar ">>" symbol for fast-forward.

Rich