[Ffmpeg-devel] RMP4 (and IDCT errors?)

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml
Sun Feb 19 09:59:57 CET 2006

Somebody recently asked on mplayer-users how to play a file with RMP4
video. According to fourcc.org, RMP4 is MPEG-4 ASP from Sigma Designs'
"REALmagic" encoder. The only samples I could find are on this page:

http://www.sigmadesigns.com/dcforum/DCForumID7/751.html

MPlayer can play them with '-vc +ffodivx' -- except that the green lines
described on that page are there. XviD seems to decode the files just fine.

Offhand, I would guess that it's IDCT error accumulation, but I really
don't know much about such things. Is this the case? Can libavcodec be
made to decode it better, or is the file itself buggy?

-Corey