[Ffmpeg-devel] x264

Erik Slagter erik
Sun Feb 19 17:04:33 CET 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 15:47 +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

*** UPDATE ***

The bug is actually in mplayer, vlc plays it just fine, I didn't have
the bright idea that vlc can play h264 too.

Sorry for bothering...

> > Since I updated x264 yesterday, my raw h264 streams run far too fast.
> > This is with either mencoder as ffmpeg, so it looks like a bug in x264.
> > If I put the stream into a container, the problem is gone.

> Are you sure both your ffmpeg and x264 are up to date?

Quite sure. I always do it the same way: update x264 and run script that
makes package, install package; update ffmpeg and run script that makes
package; install package; update mplayer and run script that makes
package; install package.

I will re-run the complete process though just to be sure.

> Could you post a broken sample somewhere?

The command lines I used are in the other message I posted this
afternoon.

Here are the files: http://erik.slagter.name/pub bbc_corrs.264 and
bbc_corrs.mp4. The latter one is simply the first packed by MP4Box and
runs ok (at least in mplayer) while the first doesn't.

I can supply the source (the vob file) as well, but I guess it needs to
be trimmed down a little bit first, it's rather large.