[Ffmpeg-devel] Extract audio from Nokia generated 3GP file

Barry barry
Tue Feb 21 23:34:38 CET 2006

Hi,

(Sorry to post this a second time, but I notice I buried it in another thread earlier, mild flaming accepted if this a problem :-)

I'm trying to extract the audio from a Nokia 6230 generated 3GP file
using ffmpeg with the following command:

ffmpeg -y -i Video004.3gp -ac 1 -acodec mp3 -ar 22050 -f wav temp.mp3

I've built ffmpeg with the amr_float code (as described in amr.c) and
with lame support but ffmpeg still core dumps. I don't think there's any
problem with the build itself because I can extract the audio stream
from another (non-Nokia) 3GP file OK.

The core dump seems to occur in a routine in the Speech_Decode_Frame()
function in the amr_float code from 3gpp.org

One wierd thing I've found so far is that the Nokia file seems to
contain the audio in one big frame (~20kb) while the OK file contains
multiple small frames (320bytes) but beyond that my C gets a bit inadequate.

I've put the files here:

Nokia: http://www.zoidberg.nl/Video003.3gp
OK: http://www.zoidberg.nl/sample.3gp

Thanks for any help...