[Ffmpeg-devel] Compile ffmpeg with --enable-xvid

Yonglin Li yonglin
Wed Feb 22 23:02:07 CET 2006

Dear All,

I tried to compile ffmpeg with XVID codec under Windows XP, I did the
configuration as.

./configure --disable-static --enable-shared --enable-memalign-hack --enable
-mingw32 --enable-mp3lame --enable-faac --enable-xvid --enable-a52 --enable-
gpl

This can generate the Makefile and other required files well.

But when I try to make the files, I got error in
"c:/ffmpeg/libavcodec/xvid_rc.c" file and it stops. It says "undefined
reference to `mkstemp'";

The error message as follows.

c:/ffmpeg/libavcodec/xvid_rc.c:41: undefined reference to `mkstemp'
xvid_rc.o(.text+0x2b5):c:/ffmpeg/libavcodec/xvid_rc.c:44: undefined
reference to `mkstemp'

Can any one tell me why?

By the way, I had figured out how to add aac audio codec for my Quicktime
movies. Anyone has trouble in doing it I can help. Just send me email.

Thanks!

Yonglin