[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: Problem in calculating FPS of video frame in 3gp file

Burkhard Plaum plaum
Thu Feb 23 12:43:17 CET 2006

Hi,

[...]
> But if I use the same logic to calculate FPS for another sample 3gp file
> which has MP4 encoded video frame and whose TimeToSample table has 2400,
> then the FPS is coming to 37 FPS, according to how I calculated FPS for H263
> above.

Each Quicktime/mp4 track has an own timescale.
To get the duration of a video frame, use sample_duration/time_scale, where
sample_duration is the value from the stts table (2400 in the above example).

Burkhard