[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] seeking crash in x264 with b_pyramid

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml
Fri Feb 24 22:40:21 CET 2006

Erik Slagter wrote:
>>I've run into an intermittent problem with playing x264-encoded files
>>that use b_pyramid. If I seek around a whole bunch, eventually mplayer
>>crashes. It displays lots of messages like these:
>

> The manual page says b_pyramid is experimental ;-)
>
> Anyway, the test I did with it, worked fine, at least with mplayer, I
> didn't check ffplay.

Hmm. Did you copy-and-paste the test command I posted? Did you try it a
couple times?

If so, what mplayer version are you using? I tested with
dev-CVS-060209-12:28-4.0.3 on i386 and dev-CVS-060222-16:23-4.0.3 on
amd64. I'll try playing around with different gcc versions and see if I
can narrow it down.

-Corey