[Ffmpeg-devel] [BUG] seeking crash in x264 with b_pyramid

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml
Sat Feb 25 14:33:06 CET 2006

Erik Slagter wrote:

>>>The manual page says b_pyramid is experimental ;-)
>>>
>>>Anyway, the test I did with it, worked fine, at least with mplayer, I
>>>didn't check ffplay.
>>
>>Hmm. Did you copy-and-paste the test command I posted? Did you try it a
>>couple times?
>
> Nope, sorry, I cannot put any time & effort in this, I have my own
> h264-related problems ;-)

Well, thanks for checking. I just don't want anybody to read this thread
and think the problems I'm having are isolated and unreproducible -- I'm
pretty sure they should be easy to verify. It usually takes about one
minute of running the command I provided before any problems occur; just
opening the file and seeking a few times is almost certainly not going
to be sufficient.

> IIRC this issue has been reported more often, and also IIRC some work
> has been done it and it should occur less, but it seems it still occurs
> every now and then.
>
> That doesn't help you of course :-( Sorry for babbling.

No problem; if anybody else has a moment, though, I would appreciate a
bit of testing and confirmation. Once again:

http://fatooh.org/files/tmp/seek_bug/pyramid.avi

while true ; do
  echo seek $((($RANDOM-16200) / 500))
  sleep 0.5