[Ffmpeg-devel] Compiling for Windows Mobile

naw9 at cs.waikato.ac.nz naw9
Thu Jan 5 00:52:38 CET 2006

Howdy.

I have been trying in vain for some days now to compile ffmpeg such that
it will run on Windows Mobile 2003. Does anyone know how this should be
done? So far I have acquired the Xscale tools (the Wasabi ones) from
Intel's website, but am not sure if they are the right ones (I also
downloaded gnude from sourceforge). I also tried to build binutils, gcc
and newlib form source (according to the cross compiler guide on
MinGw.org), but I could not get gcc to build.

Currently I am invoking (from a msys shell):
./configure --enable-memalign-hack --enable-shared --cpu=armv4l
--disable-mmx --cross-prefix=/c/xscale-tools/usr/local/bin/xscale-elf-
--extra-cflags=/c/cygwin/usr/include

But this give loads of errors. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.