[Ffmpeg-devel] Problem using ffmpeg with v4l

Flavio Pimentel Duarte flaviop
Fri Jan 6 17:49:24 CET 2006

I am having problems to capture from USB webcam model Creative Notebook,
but I think this problem is not restricted to this model. Capturing movies
using this webcam generates a very dark movie. I've made several tests
using both mplayer and motion programs and during the tests I noticed that
starting mplayer using the webcam as source prior to use ffmpeg sometimes
solves this problem. This particular behavior made me think it should be
an initialization problem. The program motion also generates dark pictures
with the default configuration, but the option auto_brightness seems to
fix the problem.
 	Does anyone have suggestions to deal with this problem ?

Flavio