[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [BUG] TSCC wrong colors on PPC

Diego Biurrun diego
Sun Jan 8 17:44:10 CET 2006

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 05:46:34PM +0200, Kostya wrote:
> Sorry for not answering, was far away from computer for a week.
> >It looks like our TSCC decoder has some endianess issues still.  I get
> >wrong colors when I play on my PPC, while my x86 is fine.
> [...]
> >Interestingly it seems that only 32bpp and 16bpp TSCC samples are
> >affected.  The 24bpp sample I have is fine.
> That's because of used output colorspaces PIX_FMT_RGB555 and
> PIX_FMT_RGBA32. Comments in avcodec.h tell these colorspaces are
> cpu-endian depended.
> Possible solutions:
> * Convert output pixels to native endianness.
> * Assume these colorspaces always to be little-endian.
>
> First solution for TSCC (I hope) is solved by attached patch (untested,
> no tscc samples at hand). There are possibly more codecs with such
> problem (Mike?).
> The second solution may take small redesign of output system.

This patch does not fix things, instead it breaks all samples on both
big- and little-endian.  Try these:

ftp://sandman.homedns.org/diego/tscc/

Diego

P.S.: Your mailer messes up threading, no In-reply-to header is present.