[Ffmpeg-devel] BUGREPORT: FFmpeg COOK audio decoder

Benjamin Larsson banan
Sun Jan 8 19:47:22 CET 2006

Neil Sleightholm wrote:

>The "FFmpeg COOK audio decoder" method of decoding RealAudio streams
>doesn't seem to work reliably for BBC Radio streams. If you play either
>of the following at some point you will notice stream works for a while
>and then repeats the same bit, then runs ok, then repeats:
> 	http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/realaudio/media/r1live.rpm
> 	http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbc7/realplayer/dsatg2.rpm
>
>It looks like the buffer is being emptied and while it is filling up it
>just replays the same bit. I think it would be better if there was
>silence when this happened (or better still didn't empty the buffer).
>
>I am playing these streams on mplayer with the following command line:
>	mplayer -vo null -cache 128 -af volume=0,resample=44100:0:1,channels=2
>-playlist http://xxxxxx
>The mplayer version information is:
>	MPlayer dev-CVS-051221-17:56-3.4.2 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
>	CPU: Intel Pentium 4/Celeron D Prescott; Xeon Nocona (Family: 15,
>Stepping: 4)
>	CPUflags:  MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 0 SSE2: 0
>
>Please let me know if you need any more information.
>
>Neil

Dump the stream with mplayer -dumpstream, then play that file. If it
sounds ok then it's nothing wrong with the decoder, if not then put
the file on the web somewhere where I can get it.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson

--
"incorrect information" is an oxymoron. Information is, by definition, factual, correct.