[Ffmpeg-devel] CamStudio support

Mike Melanson mike
Sun Jan 8 23:16:00 CET 2006

Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> It can use both liblzo and zlib, and which one is used can be selected
> independantly for each frame, so no, the codec is not unusable without
> it (well, without both that's a different thing).
> This was also the reason why I didn't add a flag to make sure it is
> printed only once - if only some frames were encoded in the not
> supported format it would make it easier to correlate some things.
> Also when it is only printed once, in the case of MPlayer it will
> probably end up in the middle of all other messages where nobody will
> find it :-).
> But if you still want, I can change it.

	Alternatively, we can obviate the need for this external function by
reverse engineering the relevant decode function, documenting it, and
re-implementing it. I took a cursory glance and it looks like the LZO
decoder is 1 (long) function that operates strictly on a bytestream.

	But, as usual, I could be vastly underestimating complexity...
--
	-Mike Melanson